EEB - European Environmental Bureau
The secretary will be a part of the Finance and Admin Team and will work closely with the Administration and HR Officer and Events Coordinator. The Secretary will provide general support to the EEB staff (around 30 persons) and Secretary General, and will work under the responsibility of the EEB’s Head of Finance, Personnel & Administration.
The work consists of:
- Reception (welcoming guests, answering phone calls);
- Administrative support to the staff, including travel arrangements, correspondence;
- Supporting Secretary General’s work;
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail;
- Executing/organising mailings;
- Catering for meetings;
- Maintaining office supplies;
- Updating database;
- Helping with preparation of events;
- Formatting documents/letters/applications.
Qualities and experiences required for post:
- Good written and spoken English and preferably French;
- Computer literacy, including database and MS Office Package;
- Specific interest in IT issues is an asset;
- Able to work independently and pro-active;
- Interest in working in an environmental organisation;
- Flexibility (we expect and offer flexibility regarding work schedules);
- Prepared and able to work in a dynamic, sometimes hectic, working environment;
- Relevant experience in a previous job is an asset.
The EEB offers:
- A monthly gross salary of € 2.500;
- Various benefits: holiday bonus, 13th month, pension scheme, luncheon vouchers;
- A permanent contract;
- A pleasant working atmosphere in an international working environment;
- And a worthwhile cause to work for.
The EEB is an equal-opportunities employer.
Applications consisting of a letter of motivation, CV and completed questionnaire should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. N.B. Only applications that include these three components will be considered.
Due to limited staff resources and numbers of CVs anticipated, only candidates selected for interview will receive a reply.
Deadline for Application: 5 November 2017
Interviews first round: Third week of November
Proposed starting date: As soon as possible
Questionnaire for candidates for post of Secretary:
Please answer the following questions in not more than 200 words per question.
- Why do you want to work for an environmental NGO?
- Which qualities would you say are the most important while working in an international environment?
- What does it mean to you to be well organised?