Administrator and Financial Officer
(Part time, 80%)
Eurocarers is the European network representing informal carers and their organisations, irrespective of the particular age or health need of the person they are caring for, with the aim of advancing their interests both at national and EU level. Carers are people who provide (usually unpaid) care to someone with a chronic illness, disability or other long-lasting health or care need, outside a professional or formal employment framework. Our objective is to contribute to the development of sustainable, people-centred and community-based care services that fully recognise and value the contribution of carers.
In order to strengthen our team, we are opening a permanent part-time (80%) position as Administrator and Financial Officer to join our Secretariat in Brussels. The Administrator and Financial Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Eurocarers Secretariat, ensuring sound financial, administrative and HR management to support a small team of professionals, the network’s Board of directors as well as member organisations in 25 countries.
- Planning and monitoring of annual budget and accounts, in close cooperation with the Executive Director;
- Collaboration with different members of the Secretariat for financial planning, budgeting and reporting;
- Preparation of financial reports to the Board, General Assembly and as required by contractual requirements in various EU-funded projects;
- Coordination of accounting system and follow up, in collaboration with external accountant;
- Management of payroll process with social secretariat;
- Management and record of daily payments (external providers, expenses claims, etc.);
- Coordination of annual membership invoicing and collection of fees;
- Liaison with external accountant and auditors;
- Organisation of governance meetings (Board and General Assembly);
- Support to the organisation of other events and meetings, as required.
- 3-5 years of experience in similar position, preferably in a Brussels-based non-profit organisation;
- Experience with Belgian accounting practices and social law (payroll, employee enrolment, etc.);
- Proficiency with MS office tools and excellent command of MS Excel;
- Adherence to Eurocarers’ vision (experience working with or as informal carer an asset);
- Excellent spoken and written English, additional EU languages an asset;
- Basic knowledge of the EU institutions and political decision-making process;
- Ability to work in small, busy multilingual team;
- Ability to manage a complex workload and to plan and prioritise;
What we offer
- An attractive salary package, including luncheon vouchers as well as health and pension insurances;
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic international environment;
- Possibility of flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
Please send a CV and a one-page cover letter outlining how you fulfil the requirements of the position to Mr Stecy Yghemonos (email@example.com), Eurocarers Executive Director by Friday 10th November 2017.
Your email’s subject heading should read ‘Application for the position of Eurocarers’ Administrator and Financial Officer’.
Interviews will be held during the week of the 20th November. The successful candidate will be expected to join our team ASAP – Ideally on the 8th January 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and Eurocarers cannot refund travel and accommodation costs for the interviews. Nevertheless, interviews can be organised by phone or Skype, if necessary. Eurocarers is an equal opportunity employer.