Supply Planner External Supply
The Supply Planner EUAFME has overall responsibility for all SKU’s related to a portfolio of external (non)-tolling suppliers within the region.
The Supply Planner orchestrates the overall supply chain for his products end-to-end all the way to the end customers. He/she identifies and addresses long-term, medium-term and short-term supply chain risks and is a change agent for supply chain improvements along the supply chains and underlying value streams for his/her products. He/she ensures visibility of upcoming supply and owns the communication to the cluster demand managers.
The Supply Planner is also accountable for the management of the Rough Cut Capacity Planning, Master Production Planning and the Constrained Supply Planning with the support of BT systems.
He/she supports the IBP process. He/she summarizes actions, for his site, and follows through on key supply/capacity decisions.
He/she will actively participate in any change activities such as new product introductions, site tranfers, packaging changes, format harmonization, etc to optimize supply and minimize business impact from a supply perspective.
He/she facilitates the respective discussions to resolve problems with manufacturing site and Demand Planners.
- Establish and maintain long-term capacity and volume plans and drive the resolution of identified gaps;
- Identify opportunities in supply planning, product formats, inventory management, campaigning strategy, to improve SCL performance in key areas such as reliability, lead times, responsiveness, cost, on-time delivery, inventory levels;
- Monitor site/supply performance against KPIs. Identify and understand trends in performance & identify opportunities for improvement;
- Provide the data to support the Global Supply reviews and follow up on actions;
- Collaborate with site to understand root causes of supply issues,define and follow through corrective actions plans;
- Tactical order placement in frozen horizon;
- Analyze demand evolutions and its capacity impacts on a mid-term horizon (M+3 to M+23). Understand and influence capacity/bottlenecks at vendor versus demand pattern;
- Simulate different scenarios on the production bottlenecks taking into account business priorities;
- Provide a monthly Master Production Plan (MPS);
- Challenge production constraints to optimize the plans;
- Validate the allocation of quantities into the regions; translate business priorities in case of production problems or shortages. Measure adherence versus allocations;
- Analyze the « feasibility of changing demands » expressed inside the frozen period;
- Advise on and maintain key planning parameters to optimize the supply chain performance;
- Champion standard ways of perfoming the planning, SCA evaluation, …;
- Develop baseline volumes for assigned products in support of annual site budget process and advice on volume sensitivities;
- Manage communications with the Demand Planners to ensure seamless and efficient flow of information between sites and markets;
- Collaborate with site procurement & API Planning team to ensure alignment on long range API demand, site API inventory levels and short/medium API availability to support MPS;
- Performance Indicators (detailed KPI’s under development);
- Accountable for maintaining inventory levels within pre-defined limits;
- Accountable for Service Level –e.g Fill Rate, stock-out duration, …;
- Evaluate Slow moving items and actions on those.
- Report to: Supply planning manager external supply;
- Interacts with: CMO’s, Regional/market Demand leaders, Regional Customer Service Leaders, Category managers, NPI, …
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years experience in Supply Chain Management;
- Experience in working in an international organization with a fast evolving environment;
- Bachelor required;
- Proficiency in English.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge and experience in Supply Planning and other aspects of SC incl. RCCP, Master Scheduling, Forecasting, Demand Planning and S&OP;
- Experience with ERP systems, prior experience with APO SNP is preferred;
- Strong analytical capabilities;
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable, resourceful with a relentless customer focus;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Team player, ability to collaborate cross functionally.