CDT - Translation Centre for European Union Bodies
NATURE OF THE TASKS
Reporting directly to the Head of the Budgetary and Strategic Planning Section, the selected candidate will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Ex-ante and ex-post financial verification: control the ex-ante financial aspects of all the Centre’s transactions in order to ensure compliance by the authorising officer and the ex-post sampling;
- Monitoring and control of the Centre’s payment deadlines: ensure the daily management of all payments reaching maturity in order to avoid delays in payment;
- Analysis and advice: advise financial actors on financial policies and regulations;
- Budget preparation: contribute to the budget preparation;
- Monitoring budget execution: analyse monthly budget execution in order to verify whether actual expenditure follows the forecast;
- Back-up of the finance administrator: assist in the implementation of activities related to finance and in the day-to-day management of the service; assist in the preparation of the work programme and activity report; develop relevant statistics; propose improvements to the managed areas; coordinate and update administrative documents; contribute to the continuous improvement of the quality of the service provided;
- Other support activities: performing various tasks such as receiving, verifying and regularising administrative documents; informing and advising staff; liaising with various external partners to facilitate processing of files; implement and control procedures and prepare corresponding administrative documents; inform and explain the application of regulations and procedures; prepare the general correspondence of the section (letters, notes, reports, certificates, etc.) in order to contribute to the smooth functioning of the section.
To be eligible to take part in this selection procedure, the applicant must, on 7 November 2017 the closing date for online applications, and on the day of the filling of the post meet the following requirements:
- Be a temporary staff member under Article 2(f) of the CEOS on long-term employment who is employed within his/her current agency in a grade and function group corresponding to the published function group and grade bracket (AST3-AST5);
- Have at least 2 years’ service within his/her current agency before moving;
- Have successfully completed the probationary period provided for in Article 14 of the CEOS in the relevant function group.
- Have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma;
- Have a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education, and appropriate professional experience of at least three years.
- Have professional experience of at least six years (or at least nine years in the case of secondary education), including professional experience of at least three years directly related to the nature of the tasks.
Candidates must have the following:
- Proficiency in IT Tools (e.g. Excel, Word, Business Objects, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes …);
- Knowledge of the Financial Regulation;
- Knowledge of ABAC;
- Professional experience in an EU institution, agency or body in the area of expertise (i.e. finance).
- For service reasons, very good knowledge of and communication skills in either French or English, and good knowledge of and communication skills in the other language;
- Knowledge of other official EU languages would be an asset.
- Written and oral communication: good drafting and summarising skills; ability to communicate well at all levels (internal and external) and in a multilingual environment;
- Interpersonal skills: ability to work individually and collectively in a team;
- Sense of responsibility: discretion, confidentiality, precision, efficiency, availability and punctuality;
- Organisational skills: ability to manage various tasks and to set priorities; methodical approach; ability to take initiative; versatility;
- Adaptability: ability to help others and to work well under pressure; ability to upskill and adapt to developments in the IT environment.