Office Administrator – White Collar
This document provides a profile of the key accountabilities of the position and the key competencies required of the post holder. It is not a definitive document, but one that provides broad criteria expected of the post holder. It does not form part of your contract of employment.
LOCATION: Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO)
HOURS: from 9:30 – 18:00 – total per week – 37.5hrs - HOLIDAYS 20 days
COMPANY: Interserve Support Services
REPORTS TO: FM Manager
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Local Clearance & Confidential Clearance
COVER FOR: FM Works Co-ordinator
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To Ensure that all Staff Residential & Official Residences properties have their utilities set up when a property is taken on or given up such as water, electricity and gas. To check the utility bills and analyse the consumption. To ensure also to provide good VFM stationary items throughout the 4 Missions to the site specific schedule of works and ensure delivery is in line with contractual obligations. To lead the team of receptionist and cover the reception when ever needed. To ensure that all purchase orders/budgets are created on Maximo and Prism and process all invoices related to the budget/purchase orders created. To be aware and understand the different contracts signed by the FCO, provide advice and act as a go between to negotiate and agree client requests.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULT AREAS
The Office Administrator is a key role as they will be making sure that all properties taken on for the FCO Estate have utilities registered within the Belgium Utilities Suppliers as well as making sure that all Interserve invoices are processed on time. Making sure that reception is at all time covered and planning all staff leave, along with the communication to other management of the reception team is also an essential role.
Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality
- Ensure that Changing Attitude Towards Safety (CATS) is complied with and target reporting is achieved as well as entering CATS Report on Itus;
- Creates a safety culture that looks for continuous improvement;
- Completes all business reporting in a timely manner.
Key skills & responsibilities
- When a property has been taken on, to organise the transfer of the utilities meter, as well as processing Utilities invoices such as water, gas, electricity bills, on a monthly basis as well as preparing the distribution sets;
- Ordering on time oil for Staff Residential Properties where the heating is oil provided;
- If the utilities consumption is too high in the Staff Residential Properties, to inform CS and carry out an investigation;
- Process daily Stationary order request by getting CS approval if budget is available as well as recieving the orders and distributing to the clients;
- To process VAT exemption forms and to get these signed by CS;
- To add utilities on Pyramid on a monthly basis;
- Making sure that all photocopiers & faxes are functionning properly and rhat all cartridges are replaced on time at the Embassy and NATO UK delegation. If in case there is an issue to raise a call out to the Photocopier/faxes suppliers. The contract of these is held by the British Embassy on a rental basis;
- To Receive FCO/UKBF invoices on Prism such as pass through cost (curtains, furniture, white goods, rent, utilities) on a monthly basis;
- To raise Prism Requisition for the rent, work orders, utilities, furniture purchase, curtains and any other maintenance & accommodation matters for the FCO & UKBF;
- Updating Utilities costs on Staff Residential Properties including Offices such as gas, water & electricity as well as changing status to Historic the previous year utilities Charges;
- To process the monthly utilites payment through Electricty/gas, water and oil supplier as well as completing the DS form and send to CS account;
- To process the tax invoices as well as completing the DS form and send to CS account;
- To order toners from the UK for the FCO as well as when received to sort out by Mission and dispatch;
- To keep the stationary stock level to the required standard level;
- To process Interserve/FCO invoices and process on maximo/Prism as well as chase for payment from Interserve account;
- To request the payment details from Interserve UK Office;
- Request feedback from Client when a job has been completed such as photocopier repair and make sure that they fill in the Monkey Survey;
- Admin Support to the FM Manager;
- Organising the replenishment of the Franking Machine as well as the maintenance;
- Back up Receptionist for the Embassy and UK Delegation at NATO;
- Development of positive working relationships with contractors and supply chain.
Acts as a role model for the Enabling Excellence Behaviours and the Interserve values.
- always polite and helpful to our customers and colleagues;
- considerate with colleagues, approachable and quick to praise others.
- anticipating needs and thinking ahead;
- reacting quickly, solving problems fast.
- keeping promises, committing to excellence;
- understanding that if I fail, we fail.
- interested in finding better ways of doing things;
- innovative in the solutions we create.
- always looking to improve on what we do;
- bringing a sense of urgency to every task.
- communicating in a straight forward honest but sensitive Way;
- Understanding the importance of keeping customers & Colleagues “in the loop”.
Innovation/Passion for the Customer and Client
- Understands under-stated customer needs and responds appropriately;
- Receptive to new ideas and looks for innovative methods/practices to improve customer service and our delivery of Technical Services;
- Enthusiastic and committed to provide a professional, high quality service to the Company and the client and instils a can-do attitude into the team
Understanding & Respecting Others
- Values the opinions of others and encourages diverse points of view;
- Acts as a role model for Interserve company Values;
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Focus’ on “making a difference”;
- Meticulous attention to detail; ensuring high standards of quality are achieved in all areas;
- Effective planning practices are implemented throughout the team;
- Proactive approach in all areas and demands standards of excellence.
- Maintains composure and behavioural standards in difficult and stressful situations;
- Maintains enthusiasm and a positive attitude, even when confronted by negativity;
- Keep abreast of changes to current legislation relating to all aspects of Hard Services.
- Attend work in a professional, smart and hygienic state;
- Be prepared to attend all relevant training sessions and meetings;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a bright, friendly demeanour are essential;
- Excellent oral and communication skills. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers, co-workers, suppliers and sub-contractors;
- Maintain a very high level of confidentiality;
- Be able to prioritise your work, work to tight deadlines, plan, organize and monitor several activities at the same time;
- Good decision making and problem solving abilities is essential;
- Reliability, dependability, honesty and integrity are essential qualities for this position;
- A flexible approach to working hours is essential due to the operational needs of the contract;
- Ensuring files and all other relevant documents are maintained correctly in line with company policies and procedures;
- Attention to detail and strives for operational excellence;
- Understanding of information management system/databases and familiar with MS Office packages;
- Clean Driving Licence;
- Capable of working under pressure with minimum supervision.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Belgium.
This is a full time position based in Brussels, 10 Avenue d'Auderghem 10, 1040 Brussels. The wage will be discussed during the interview.