Purpose of the job/Key objective
Facilitate the attainment of profitability, growth and strategic goals through the design, development and implementation of analytical capabilities. Provide in-depth financial analysis to understand and explain business drivers. Ensure the integrity, quality and availability of reporting. Develop tight control over financial and operational risks.
Scope and Dimensions
You will be part the business unit ‘Global Health Benefits’ and dedicated to a global and fast growing business segment. The post holder will be in regular contact with the other key members of the finance organisation, sales & customer services teams, and will have ongoing international contacts. You report to the Finance Director of the segment.
- Provide in-depth financial analysis to understand and explain business drivers. Analyse revenues and expenses and present results and recommendations to senior management;
- Develop and improve analytical and forecasting methodologies. Responsible for the financial planning model providing regular re-forecasts of plan using actuals including capital planning;
- Conduct or participate in complex financial analysis projects and/or reporting. Translate business needs into technical system specifications;
- Monitor performance of third party relationships to ensure delivery against set targets;
- Review balance sheet and cash flow statements and establish efficient processes and effective controls over financial reporting.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a finance role in a corporate environment;
- Master’s degree;
- Experience of financial operations in the insurance sector is considered plus;
- Strong intellectual capacity and highly developed numerical skills;
- Advanced technical data analysis skills and detailed experience with data management/inquiry tools;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong influencing skills with ability to motivate and enlist cooperation of local, regional and HQ teams;
- An ability to be innovative and challenge the conventional ways of doing things;
- Analytical approach and ability to proactively identify and address financial issues;
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast-paced, complex environment.