Milieu Ltd is a highly successful consulting firm based in Brussels with a record of excellence in international and European policy and law – primarily with respect to environmental protection but also in such fields as fundamental rights, public health, consumer protection and health and safety at work. We provide our expertise mainly for European institutions and other public sector clients.
Please visit our website (www.milieu.be) to gain a more complete picture of the services we provide, sectors we operate in and our corporate culture.
Milieu is currently looking for a trainee to support the operational, office management and administrative activity of the business. During this 6 month traineeship you will gain a strong insight into the practical coordination and management of a dynamic medium sized commercial organisation. Specifically you will work alongside our other operational advisors to:
- Assist in maintaining our system for tracking key commercial relationships;
- Ensure the fluidity of daily office operations;
- Act as back up to front desk activities;
- Assist the Managing Director and Operations team, as needed.
Key qualifications for the position:
- A degree in (International) Business Administration, or similar;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- A genuine interest in the commercial aspects of a business activity;
- A “can-do” take charge, self-starting personality;
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.);
- Ability to format documents in Word an advantage;
- Good sense of graphical presentation of documents and data an advantage;
- Genuine fluency in both written and spoken English. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
What you will find at Milieu:
- English as a principal working language;
- A very informal, supportive and collaborative working environment;
- A minimum of hierarchy and internal bureaucracy;
- A strong dedication to better public policy;
- Highly professional and a strong commitment to quality in what we do;
- A dynamic multi-cultural atmosphere with some 30 nationalities;
- A stimulating working environment recently featured in a UK Guardian article entitled ”Are these the world’s coolest offices” and Brussel’s La Libre;
- A relaxed dress code – except when we are meeting our clients;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Regular company barbeques, training lunches, end of month meetings, bi-weekly yoga classes;
- Biennial company weekend retreats to international locations.
Milieu is hoping to make this appointment from September 2017.
Please apply via our automated application process at https://milieu.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0f661.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Milieu Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.