Your responsibilities will be to:
- Develop improved/new product concepts and/or business solutions requirements for instant payments, based on customer needs;
- Produce detailed product definitions and associated business cases. Act as an interface between the market infrastructures and correspondent banking teams;
- Support product launch projects, including all aspects of the marketing plan (product/pricing offer, promotion, development of user documentation, training of customers and commercial divisions);
- Manage assigned products through their life cycle by continuously monitoring P&L and ensuring continually product improvements or renewals;
- Liaise with other divisions/departments, customers, vendors, regulatory bodies and industry associations and make presentations;
- Keep abreast with trends in the industry and share information with other divisions/departments.
If you have practical knowledge of payments markets, if you are a natural business enabler with a great capacity to listen and think out of the box, you may be the person we are looking for. How could SWIFT best define a new value proposition for retail payment systems; how can we leverage our traditional cross-border payments to support this new market trend, and vice versa, how can instant payment support our traditional correspondent banking; should we evolve our current infrastructure to meet new requirements; what actions could be taken now and in the coming years to support our existing business make the most of the future?
The challenge is complex and we will need your positive energy, "can do" pragmatic attitude and self-starter mind set to overcome the challenges and make it happen.
You won’t work alone…you will be part of the Market Infrastructure team in Marketing which covers all SWIFT’s existing market infrastructure business: high and low value payment systems as well as the different types of securities market infrastructures.
The key challenges are:
- Analyse the current trends and draw conclusions for SWIFT and its community;
- Analyse the business requirements and opportunities with specific customer segments/business domains/markets by gathering business and statistical data;
- Define the value proposition and the necessary collateral and sales support for SWIFT;
- Help design new solutions so that the current product offering in line with the industry requirements;
- Liaise with the correspondent banking team to ensure gpi is supported throught payments market infrastructures;
- Liaise with other divisions/departments, commercial team managers and members throughout the company in order to share market intelligence, product issues and any other relevant information.
Do you have what it takes?
- Education - University degree or equivalent;
- Experience - At least 5 years experience in a financial operations, product or service development/project planning, of which 3 years as junior product manager.
Do you have the right business background?
- Knowledge of the workings of the domestic and cross—border payments business;
- A sound understanding of existing technical and business retail payments solutions;
- Knowledge of industry Standards and current SWIFT product suite is a definite advantage;
- Strong commercial and marketing skills.
The right personality will make all the difference, we are looking for :
- A natural networker, able to negotiate compromise to solve complex issues;
- A team player with a hands-on, energetic but pragmatic approach;
- A capacity to innovate and think out of the box - not being afraid to challenge the status quo;
- Fluent written and spoken English, excellent presentation skills;
- The ability to multitask, prioritise and deal with uncertainty.