INEA - Innovation and Networks Executive Agency
The jobholder will work in a dynamic team in charge for the planning, implementation and monitoring of the operational budget of the Agency. The jobholder will work to a high degree of autonomy under the supervision of the budget manager of the Agency. Under his supervision the job holder will provide support to the effective coordination, planning and management of budgetary and financial activities of the Agency. This challenging function includes all the phases of the process from budget planning, implementation and budget monitoring encompassing a large number of different budget lines assigned to the different programmes managed by the Agency.
- Budget coordination, planning and reporting under supervision of the budget manager;
- Contribute to the planning and preparation of the operational budget related to the activities of the Agency;
- Monitor budget execution (commitments and payments) in the Commission accounting system and prepare regular reports on budget implementation;
- Provide advice and support to his/her line manager in the presentation and negotiation of the budget including on the spot training on budgetary and financial issues;
- Monitor the implementation and execution of the operational budget of the Agency in line with the Activity Based Budgeting concept;
- Analyse budget consumption and provide advice on the optimal consumption of budgetary resources;
- Communication and follow up of financial policy developments;
- Participate in the drafting of manuals and notes on budget and financial procedures for the optimal implementation of the operational budget of the Agency;
- Follow up budget and financial policy developments with a view to their application in the Agency;
- Ensure close relation with the parent DG's, if necessary with other Commission services, on budget issues including budget planning, reporting and allocation and/or transfer of credits.
- Be owner of a CAST in the grade for which you are applying;
- Or be registered in the EPSO/CAST/P/1/2017 in the grade for which you are applying;
- A post-secondary education attested by a diploma;
- Or a secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three years;
- Thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another EU language to the extent necessary to perform his/her duties.
In addition, in order to be eligible, a candidate must:
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union;
- be entitled to his/her full rights as citizen;
- meet the appropriate character reference as to his/her suitability for the performance of his/her duties;
- have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military serv.
- Three years of professional experience acquired in positions related to the profile of the post;
- Very good knowledge of financial, budgetary and accounting matters and tools;
- Very good knowledge of English required;
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural and international environment.
- Experience with the follow-up of budgetary matters preferably in an EU Institution or any public organisation;
- Knowledge of ABAC and Business Object being a valid asset;
- Good command of any other European Union languages (knowledge of French being a valid asset);
- Diploma in Finance or Accounting.
Personal qualities essential for the position (evaluated during the interview):
- High ability to work under pressure and autonomously;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven ability to work as a team member;
- Ability to appreciate and follow priorities.
- English (Proficient C1);
- French (Independent B2);
- German (Independent B2).