UNRWA - United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East
We are looking for an Administrative Intern to join our well-tuned Brussels Team for a challenging but exciting 3 to 6 months full-time voluntary internship. The main aim of the internship is to provide an environment where theory and academic experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments.
The internship will also focus on supporting a multicultural team of experts with administrative and secretarial tasks in order to ensure that the office is fully operational and running efficiently at all times. You will leave having gained hands-on experience in the administrative procedures involved in International organisations as well as insight on how major international actors and stakeholders inter-relate at the European and global levels.
We therefore are looking for an enthusiastic young professional who has recently obtained a higher education or vocational training qualification in office administration and who wishes to gain work experience in a fast-paced international environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing and keeping overview of agendas, meetings and travel;
- Handling incoming calls, conference call arrangements and welcoming visitors;
- Handling incoming mail, documents and other mail/post functions;
- Assisting with public requests for information, assessing the critical nature of enquiries and referring them to appropriate staff;
- Assisting with travel arrangements (flights, hotels etc.) in accordance with established procedures;
- Assisting in the preparation of high-level visits of UNRWA representatives to Brussels, including preparation of meeting files;
- Ensuring registration of staff to events and follows up as necessary;
- Drafting, translating basic correspondence of administrative/secretarial nature;
- Formatting of documents and power point presentations;
- Assisting with updating the office contacts database and maintenance of the office filing systems;
- Assisting with organising routine office maintenance, supplies and inventory management;
- Assisting on an ad hoc basis with basic book keeping tasks;
- Performing other related duties as required.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Higher education qualification in office administration/management or vocational training as office assistant or similar;
- Keen interest in the various aspects office administration and record keeping;
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and database management;
- Excellent command of English; additional language(s) such as French, Dutch and German are an important asset;
- Good communication (oral, writing) and interpersonal skills;
- Good research and drafting skills;
- Ability to work within a small multicultural team;
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively;
- A quick learner with a positive and proactive approach to work;
- Eligibility to reside and work in Belgium.