Senior Validation Manager
The Senior Validation Manager will plan, carry out and report on robust independent validation for both Life and Non-Life insurance companies as well as for the Group. Utilizing independent judgment and discretion, this position initiates, organizes, execute and report validation activities to Chief Risk Officer and ultimately to the Board of Directors:
- Develop and maintain the framework within which Internal Model Validation (IMV) is carried out, including the Validation Policy;
- Maintain and update long-term and short-term plans for IMV activity;
- Support the team in selecting the approach and tools for the validation;
- Review technical documentation and provide challenge and suggestions for change Execute the validation, challenge appropriately, document and escalate the findings to adequate Senior Management level;
- Liaise effectively with the model build teams and other internal parties (Internal Audit/ Actuarial Function) and external parties (external auditors, National Regulator) for a smooth execution;
- Prepare reports and communicate outcomes to internal Senior Management;
- Maintain a system to track agreed actions recorded in validation reports.
- Qualified actuary with a strong quantitative academic background (Master or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, and Econometrics);
- At least 5 years of experience, including a strong exposure to Solvency II (development, execution and/or validation of internal model);
- An excellent level of communication and assertiveness;
- Fluency in English and French or Dutch;
- Good knowledge of actuarial software and Office suite would be an asset.