IT Service Manager - Network
We are looking for an experienced Service Manager in the Network and Telecom area to lead the services for the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa) network in a stable and efficient way. Besides ensuring a robust service delivery in line with business expectations this includes building a service strategy and financial planning and follow-up. Close collaboration with our network outsourcing partner (BT) is key.
The network consists of WAN (datacenter, headquarter, regional headquarters, plants and 180 retail shops), LAN (wired and wireless), network security (zScalar, firewalls) and unified communication (IP telephony, call centers, video conferencing & Webex).
You’re key responsibilities
- Manage the IT network service strategy
- Service design (roadmap) and evolution ensuring a qualitative network
- Build budgets
- Standardization and simplification of the services
- Manage the network service
- Corrective and evolutive maintenance
- Stable service delivery in line with agreed business expectations
- High availability and sharing of knowledge & processes
- Continuous service improvement and cost optimization
- Ensure actuals are within the budget
- Main business contact for the operational run services
- Manages relationship with external service provider
- Provide project and subject matter expert support in the network area
- Be key person in scope extension of the network (like to the Emirates, South-Africa etc.)
Experience & requirements
- BS/MS degree in IT or related field
- 5+ years of network experience
- 3+ years of budget management
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in Network technologies.
- Ability to influence and motivate teammates
- Good communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to communicate to different levels of the organization, with both technical and non-technical people.
- Have a Can-Do mentality
- Fluent in English, any other European language is a plus
- Knowledge of other technical areas is an asset