AS Embedded Control Unit Manager I - Enterprise Client On-Boarding & Tax Operations
The Embedded Control Unit Manager I has the overall responsibility to work with the Embedded Control Group Manager to ensure the control environment within the business unit is sound and the business unit is meeting client needs. He/she works with the Embedded Control Group Manager to complete all control and risk management responsibilities for the assigned business unit (Enterprise Client On-Boarding & Tax Operations) in accordance with Corporate Policies and Procedures, Regulatory requirements and Legal practices.
- Support the Embedded Control Group Manager and Line of Business Managers by building an excellent working knowledge of business unit processes and procedures;
- Identify, analyse and monitor complex areas of control testing, control and risk education and operational and risk support activities;
- Lead and perform control and risk management testing and reporting including reviewing documentation for evidence of control design and adherence;
- Lead projects to improve internal controls that ensure ongoing compliance with regulations and corporate requirements;
- Make recommendations for process changes, control enhancements and changes/improvements in procedures and operational tools. Proactively plan for, and implement, such control enhancements and tools;
- Help to design and deliver risk management training programs to ensure that control procedures are understood and followed;
- Represent the Control Management team in various meetings and/or projects;
- Review policies and procedures as well as liaise with internal and external auditors;
- Support Business Management on Business Recovery, Management Reporting, Error Analysis, System/User Access Reviews, Reconciliation monitoring and ongoing projects. Error/Near Miss analysis must be thorough, assess the root-cause, and result in recommendations for Business Management to improve the quality of internal controls and minimise the risk of the error repeating;
- Compile monthly and quarterly Control Management reporting for senior management.
Work with Business Managers, Control Management and Business Risk to create the appropriate documentation for supporting the identification and mitigation of risks using the Risk and Control Self- Assessment (RCSA).
- Able to operate with a high degree of independence;
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Tax Operations/Risk/Audit;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the preparation and discussion of Control Review reporting with senior stakeholders within Business and Control Management;
- The candidate will need excellent stakeholder management skills as they will be required to communicate with Business Management as well as staff within the Business Unit as well as other members of the Control Management team and shared service units;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Solid technical and PC skills (including excellent knowledge of BNYM custody platforms and Tax-related applications);
- Attention to detail, excellent organisational skills, ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment;
- Language skills: fluent in English.