IT Dev Engineer - Digital/Enabler
Your future job!
The Transversal Digital Capabilities tribe is actively searching for a Senior JAVA Dev Engineer in order to build, maintain, test and deploy different services within either the Business Process Modelling (BPM) Track & Trace Squad or the Doc Centre Squad. You will be part of a dynamic development Java team.
- Elaborate the detailed technical design;
- New development or maintenance of code in the required programming language for tools (Java, Spring, Maven, JMS, Soap, Jetty, Websphere, Oracle), according to enterprise standards, and considering required quality and performance levels;
- Estimation of development workload;
- Unit testing of the developed code;
- Elaboration of (or contribution to) the preparation of the installation in production – including integration and assembly testing;
- Documentation of development activities (design, code, unit testing and code review).
However, although you have a primary role representing your discipline, you are expected to take on other activities and contribute to other disciplines whenever it helps reach the sprint goal.
Highlight your strengths!
- University degree or Master’s degree preferably in IT, with at least five years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of Dutch and/or French;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- You have great experience as a JAVA engineer in an agile XP-environment;
- You have strong analytical skills;
- Broad knowledge of and experience with Java, Spring, Maven, JMS, Soap, Jetty, Websphere and Oracle;
- Experience with micro-services in the banking sector is a plus;
- You continuously learn and take full ownership of your personal development;
- You are curious and understand/follow the latest developments in the technical area;
- You teach, coach and train our colleagues and share knowledge and experience;
- You have a good understanding of banking in general. You are able to discuss features and stories with your stakeholders and product owner and translate these into software with real business value;
- You are acute, dynamic, proactive, autonomous and an excellent team player; you have good verbal communication skills;
- You are able to organise and prioritise your own work efficiently.