IT Chapter Lead Developers - Enabler/Digital
Your future job!
The Transversal Digital Capabilities tribe is actively looking for a Chapter Lead for developers.
As a Chapter Lead, you will be responsible for leading, developing and managing engineers with the following aims:
- Continuously ensuring the progression of your chapter members through coaching, mentoring and feedback;
- As a Developer Engineer, you will contribute on an ongoing basis as a member of a squad and remain at the cutting edge of technological evolution;
- Your expertise in technological aspects makes you a reference point within your chapter;
- You are a pragmatic, skilled engineer ready to spend 60% of your time on content-related tasks;
- You will formulate recommendations on market trends, technical and organisational issues and any changes to the team structure, as well as contribute to the Software Engineers guild;
- You will be the people manager for your chapter;
- You will develop your team’s knowledge in line with the tribe’s objective;
- You will ensure chapter members respect the defined standards and policies;
- You will organise, stimulate and encourage collaboration among the members of your chapter;
- You will be responsible for attracting, recruiting and retaining the right profiles;
- You enjoy creating a good atmosphere in your team and will ensure colleagues enjoy being at work.
Highlight your strengths!
- Knowledge of Dutch and/or French;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- University degree or Master’s, preferably in IT, with at least five years’ relevant experience;
- You have significant experience as a JAVA engineer in an Agile XP environment;
- You have strong analytical skills;
- Broad knowledge and experience with Java, Spring, OO, REST, SOA, XML/XSD/WSDL, JSON and HTML5;
- Experience with frameworks or tools such as Zuul, Kubernetes, GridGain, Springboot, Nginx, Docker etc.;
- Experience of microservices in the banking sector;
- You are keen to learn and take full ownership of your personal development;
- You are curious and understand/follow the latest developments in the technical world;
- You teach, coach and train your colleagues as well as share knowledge and experience;
- You have an understanding of banking in general. You understand that the technology serves business objectives and how to best contribute to it;
- You are acute, dynamic, proactive, autonomous and an excellent team player; you have good verbal communication skills;
- You are able to organise and prioritise your own work efficiently;
- You are able to take the lead in developments and coach junior developers efficiently;
- You are flexible and able to work in several environments with different project methodologies, multiple teams and colleagues;
- You are able to work in a large organisation with multiple stakeholders.