Non-Life Risk Officer
As member of the Ageas Non-life Risk team, you will contribute to the embedding of the non-life UW risk framework within the organisation and you will promote a culture of risk awareness in which each Manager carries out his duty.
More precisely, you will participate in:
- The further development and implementation of the Internal model for the underwriting Risk Non-Life in the context of the Solvency II project;
- The development and implementation of a Group Aggregation non-life model;
- The creation of group risk reports;
- The creation of a Group Best estimate Manual for Non-Life;
- The implementation of a risk appetite framework;
- The development and implementation of group policies.
You will have to:
- Provide technical support to operating Companies;
- Facilitate meetings with the companies on technical discussions to ensure consistency and alignment with Solvency II and group policies;
- Describe methodological and functional specifications for implementation;
- Perform group calculations and analysis and give an opinion on the operating Companies ‘s results;
- Design & monitor the UW non-Life risk limits within the Group & Opco’s;
- Produce documentation, presentations and risk opinions for approval of Non-Life UW Risk methodologies to different governance bodies within the company;
- Develop documentation for regulators;
- Contribute to overall communication, interpretation and presentation of internal and external results;
- Get informed on the most recent developments in the domain of the non-life Best Estimate and non-life underwriting risk;
- Support the Group’s decision making process by ensuring that consistent, reliable and timely risk information is available to the decision makers and using that information to provide independent opinion.
- You have a Master degree in Mathematics, Econometrics, Actuarial sciences, Economics, Certificate in Financial Risk Management or alike;
- You have obtained 5 years of relevant working experience;
- You have an active knowledge of English - knowledge of French or Dutch is a plus;
- You have a good understanding of Non-life insurance business.
You are knowledgeable in:
- Reserving methods for valuation of the non-life liabilities covering claims and premium provisions;
- Non-life Risk methodology;
- Solvency II Best estimate and standard Model;
- Your core competences include analytical skills, autonomy, result orientation and risk consciousness;
- You have cultural awareness and ability to work in team with people with different backgrounds;
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills;
- You are proactive, flexible and able to work on an independent basis;
- You are able to present complex materials in a structured and comprehensive way;
- You have knowledge of Microsoft Office and of risk management tools.