Purchasing Manager IT
As Purchasing Manager IT, you will be responsible for the implementation of the purchasing strategy as part of the new AGFA HealthCare (HE) solutions and to introduce and develop purchasing best practices, processes and tools. In addition, he or she will be responsible for building and maintaining a comprehensive IT HealthCare fact base, identifying strategic procurement opportunities, and performing qualitative and quantitative analysis to support the formation and execution of IT strategies resulting in superior cost and availability performance. This position has both upstream and downstream strategic responsibilities, including engagement with thought leaders, developing positioning and supporting the planning and execution of content along the customer buying cycle, foster strong peer relationships with various key business group leads.
As Purchasing Manager IT you are responsible for:
- Leading all supplier-related issues in the solution development, implementation and maintenance cycle for HE IT, focusing on innovation by pursuing new technologies and vendors, working closely together with the R&D, product manager, application managers of HE IT;
- Scouting the HE IT providers based upon the identified functionalities, selecting suppliers, creating RFP and scorecards according to the FDA Process guidelines;
- Executing a sourcing strategy for a defined category within IT, including the introduction of future solutions, innovation, new products and suppliers; Analyzing the market dynamics and supply base for each commodity, including supplier cost structure and drivers, economic improvement levers, and major trends;
- Negotiating the contract, monitoring it’s accurate implementation amongst the stakeholders, at a worldwide level, according to the standardsYou’re responsible for the evaluation and the selection of new suppliers together with the Technical and the Quality team of HE IT and the category team;
- Meeting all the QDC objectives (Quality-Delivery-Cost) and Service for all projects, reporting its progress;
- Participating on the management team and other committees addressing the strategic goals of the department and organization.
- Minimum of 5 years international purchasing experience in industries where IT is critical to the business (HealthCare/Medical, Software companies, Banking, Telecom, etc.);
- Preferably a Master degree in Computer Science and/or Information Systems or equivalent through experience, e.g. experience in an hospital IT environment, SW IT;
- Good understanding of the HE IT suppliers market, trends;
- Ability to understand the consequences of negotiation and/or contracting decisions;
- Analytical skills, ability to process complex issues and perform sound, objective, data-based analysis to draw logical conclusions. E.g. Pricing analysis, business analysis, mitigating risks;
- Project management skills, able to deliver scope within time and budget, mitigating risks professionally;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including the proven ability to network en build cross cultural relationships in a complex, global environment.
- Business sense;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Solid knowledge of English, any other language is an asset.