We have an opening for a qualified Junior Accountant in the finance department.
You will work directly with the Financial Controller and Chief Financial Officer to prepare, compute, manage, research and analyze accounting data of our group. This is a Head Office position, you will be managing accounts for Belgium for our international divisions.
- Perform accounting operations based on accounting principles
- Assist in the preparation of budget and financial forecasts
- Prepare month-end and year-end close process
- Collect, analyze and summarize account information
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns, balance sheet, profit/loss statement etc
- Develop periodic reports for management
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups
- Keep up with financial policies, regulations and legislation
You’ll have some appreciation of good business practices. You’ll have an eye for detail, a knack for problem solving and a willingness to learn. Our working language is English however Fluency in French is a requirement.
You have some experience in consumer goods, fmcg or similar business.
- Proven working experience in accounting or relevant field
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user
- Advanced degree in Accounting (CPA or CMA preferred)
- High attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality
- Ability to direct and supervise