Lombard International Assurance
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager will supervise accountants and will be responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of all transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly reconciliation activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Calculate the tax provision of the entities with the group
- Liaise with external providers to ensure that VAT returns are done on a timely manner
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyses department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO, Financial Controller, and other finance managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Financial Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Financial Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- University master degree with a specialization in accounting
- Experience of 10 years within a similar role, within the financial sector. In-house experience within the life-insurance sector would be a plus;
- Experience in IFRS reporting will be an advantage
- Demonstrated capabilities and interests in technical and complex financial accounting matters
- Big 4 experience would be an advantage
- Fluency in English; French would be a plus
- Result-oriented and quality-driven
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team, supporting colleagues and developing good working relationships
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Attention to detail