Business & Decision
The successful candidate will be part of our Business Intelligence practice, and will work on end-to-end Business Intelligence and data warehouse projects and implementations either as standalone projects or part of larger projects that involve several of our practices (CRM, Risk)) etc.
The Architect leads all aspects of the delivery of BI solutions & related components (data warehousing, data management, and BI architectures and tools). He/she understands business challenges & translates them into requirements/solutions.
The ideal candidate has strong technical knowledge of ETL tools, data staging techniques, metadata tools, data/dimensional modeling and data base designs. Works across business/technology teams to ensure alignment between business solutions, definition & systems architecture for the organization.
Preferred candidates have several years of BI implementation experience (including technical architecture experience in the whole BI lifecycle from reporting, query, OLAP, ETL and Master Data Management).
- BI Methodology: Kimball, Inmon, Dimensional/Data Modeling, Master Data Management, Data Vault;
- Modeling tools: UML, Erwim, Visio;
- ETL tools (at least one of the following): Informatica Powercenter, Microsoft SSIS, SAS Data Integrator (DI), IBM Cognos Data Manager/Decision Stream, IBM; Datastage, SAP Business Object Data Integrator (BODI/BODS);
- Databases: Oracle PL/SQL, SQL Server, Terradata;
- OLAP and Reporting tools: MS BI, Cognos 8, SAP Business Objects XI/4, SAS, Qlikview etc.
- Master degree informatics or strong interest for informatics;
- You have a minimum of 5-8 years experience in large BI/data warehouse projects including a minimum of 2 years experience as a BI architect;
- You have an understanding of the technical possibilities in the environment: capacity to understand functional needs and translate them into data warehouse techniques. You have a good understanding of main business processes, data warehouse methodologies and business and technical data/dimensional modeling;
- You have a understanding of project management concepts;
- Team leading experience;
- Presales (helping to suggest solutions, design for tender documents);
- Good presentation skills;
- Fluency in Dutch or French and English.