Senior Accounting Manager
The (Record-to-Report) Accounting Manager is responsible for the timely and accurate closing and controlling of the company’s books, for both the Brussels office as well as the outstations, in line with accounting policies, company accounting rules and deadlines. S/he is in charge of delivering and maintaining regular reports to management (MIS), shareholders (Annual Reports, IFRS reports) and other stakeholders (Work’s Council info) as well as support the external audit review.
Manage the Record-to-Report Accounting team:
Manage and coach the internal team and plans the activities for the General Accounting Specialists, the Outstations support and Bank Recording and Credit teams. Current team size is 9 FTE. Manage the budget of the department.
Defines the General Accounting practices, processes and procedures:
- Keep general accounting practices and procedures in line with accounting policies (BGAAP and IFRS) and company policies, and implement any recommendations as required from internal or external audit reviews;
- Ensure a continuous improvement on accounting processes in order to shorten the closing deadlines, meet timeline and quality standards from stakeholders such as Controlling, Management and Shareholders;
- Ensure a timely recording of customer receipts and appropriate collection efforts to minimize risk of write-downs.
Accounting systems and maintenance:
- Take the lead in sustaining SAP together with IT to ensure proper functioning of the system, including the proper use of production, test and development systems and interactions between these;
- Organise the master data and administration rights for SAP in such a way to allow efficient processes in all departments using SAP while maintaining appropriate controls and segregation of duties;
- Manage and organize other accounting systems such as Xpenditure, common drivers and sharepoints,… Ensure correct set-up and maintenance of interfaces to other systems such as AMOS.
- KPI’s to follow up on processes;
- Put in place the necessary framework in order for the teams to deliver excellent performance in quality of financial data as a solid basis for the company’s internal and external reporting. Quality is determined as:
- First time right accounting entries;
- Timely completion of closing, reporting, auditor’s ‘prepared by client’ list, annual reports and other major reporting deadlines;
- No major audit comments;
- Bad debt provision and DSO statistics in line with company strategy and goals.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Master degree preferred (Finance related);
- Continued education in accountancy and fiscal matters, consolidation, IFRS;
- Minimum 5 years of business experience;
- Minimum 3 years of people management experience;
- Analytical skills, facts and figures minded;
- Ability to diagnose and structure complex issues;
- Interpersonal skills: ability to communicate across all levels of the organization;
- Good team and people management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- SAP or other relevant tools knowledge.