Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting
Amazon is currently looking for a talented, result-oriented and forward-thinking Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting to join its accounting organization in Luxembourg. This individual will be an exceptional accounting professional, who consistently exceeds expectations, thrives in a challenging workplace environment, and can actively contribute to supporting our growing activity in Europe.
This position will work cross-functionally and will have regular interactions with key business partners in connection with preparation of local statutory and group reporting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting monthly, quarterly and yearly closing activities for European entities under US GAAP within relevant deadlines;
- Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations;
- Leading financial statement reviews under local GAAPs;
- Preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs, including analytic commentary and the preparation of supplementary financial analysis for management and other stakeholders;
- Working closely with business partners in the EU, and globally, to maintain efficient and compliant accounting processes, effective controls and identify process improvement opportunities;
- Actively participating in improvement initiatives, standardization, re-engineering of processes and controls, and implementation of best practices, working closely with systems teams and demonstrating strong understanding of financial accounting systems;
- Actively participating in cross functional project launches from scoping through testing and launch;
- Conducting thorough analysis of complex accounting issues and preparing US and local GAAP technical position papers.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience with an emphasis on accounting, preferably, partly gained within one of the 'Big4' combined with an experience of working for a medium to large international company, in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS and strong understanding of statutory filings and their related requirements;
- Demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex accounting and operational challenges and excellent analytical skills;
- Detail-oriented yet able to reflect on and understand the big picture;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Fluent in business English;
- Proactive, and results-driven, able to correctly set priorities and meet challenging deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Applying knowledge of multiple reporting systems to deliver solutions. This requires advanced computer literacy (MS Office, especially Excel) and the aptitude to understand system dependencies;
- University degree in business/economics/accounting;
- Demonstrating strong technical accounting skills required in order to arrive to and document accounting conclusions.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial Applications and Hyperion Essbase would be a plus;
- Other accounting and payroll systems knowledge;
- Must be comfortable working in cross-functional teams;
- Worked in a fast paced company.