Distribution Support Analyst
Describe the role:
The Distribution Due Diligence Analyst will work closely with AllianceBernstein Investments ("ABI"), a unit of AllianceBernstein (Luxembourg) S.a r.1., which is the Global Distributor for the AB Luxembourg-domiciled funds. The key objective for ABI is to facilitate the global distribution of the funds through AB's diverse distribution channels, predominantly comprised of third-party intermediaries.
Describe the applications and business or enterprise functions the role supports:
- The Distribution Support Analyst will work closely with key stakeholders in the various channels and countries as well with the Management Company, AllianceBernstein (Luxembourg) S.a r.l., to support commercial goals and to ensure that ABI meets Luxembourg legal and regulatory requirements.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Financial Intermediary & Direct Client Initial and On-Going Due Diligence
- Work closely with Compliance/the Money Laundering Reporting Officer ("MLRO") and Manager to ensure AB's risk-based approach ("RBA") due diligence framework is appropriately operationalized;
- Perform initial and on-going due diligence, covering Anti-Money Laundering ("AML") and Know Your Distributor ("KYD") and/or Know Your Customer ("KYC") documentation in conjunction with Compliance/MLRO;
- Identify, analyze and evaluate specific risk situations and make relevant.
Distributor/Direct Client Administration
- Maintain distribution arrangement documentation (agreements, contracts, amendments, fee letters, and other relevant documentation);
- Ensure contractual agreements and internal system set-ups reflect Distributor/Clients relationships;
- Manage components of the service commission fees and rebates processes (documentation, system set-up).
- Support the Sales Teams on the Distributor/Clients daily administration;
- Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly management reporting;
- Assist in organizing and coordinating internal and external audits;
- Other distribution-related or any other duties as assigned by AB.
What makes this role unique or interesting (if applicable)?
- The role is diversified, touching many different distribution, legal and compliance topics.
What is the professional development value of this role; e., what learning and professional growth does the role offer the candidate?
- This position will help the candidate to practice and further grow his/her knowledge on AMUKYD/KYC, Compliance and RBA processes but also to build a strong control and audit mind.
- In-depth knowledge of mutual fund operations as well as all regulatory Luxembourg requirements inclusive of all AMUCTF related regulations;
- Excellent knowledge of the 'Risk-Based Approach' with regard to intermediaries, countries, products;
- Responsibility for the delivery of a high quality service, for the adherence to industry rules and regulations and for the respect of the defined internal procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to support the company in maintaining key critical standards and be proactive in the resolution of issues identified by regulations and/or industry trends;
- The incumbent must be professional, courteous and flexible at all times.
In addition the candidate should have:
- Talent in identifying enhancement opportunities;
- Talent in coordinating new process implementation;
- Right balance between business and regulatory requirements; o Analytical and conclusive skills;
- Business and solution pragmatic orientation;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet.
- Excellent English and Spanish;
- Any other language an advantage.
The ideal candidate should have the following: Qualifications, Experience, and Education:
- Relevant Work experience: 3-5 years;
- Minimum Career level: Experienced (non-Manager);
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree;
- Skills: see above;
- Special Knowledge (if applicable): see above.