Senior Software Development Engineer
We’re a looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to help start a new initiative with expertise and passion in solving hard engineering problems. As Senior Software Development Engineer you will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools for the new service.
- You will have an opportunity to build new Amazon service;
- You will be in charge of the complete software development life-cycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features;
- You will operate a with globally distributed servers and customers;
- You will get the opportunity to work closely with a great team of software developers who will help you grow (and also learn things from you);
- You will understand what it takes to grow and operate Amazon business at our scale.
Senior Software Engineer to be based in our European Headquarters in Luxembourg.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience;
- 5+ years professional experience in software development;
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis;
- Expert skill in one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl and proficiency with one other programming language.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers;
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project;
- Strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience;
- Thorough understanding of Internet protocols;
- Experience implementing servers in a Linux environment;
- Experience with SQL, service oriented architectures, and internet security fundamentals.