Senior Manager Tax
This role will be part of the Zoetis Belgium Finance team and will report to the Senior Manager of Accounting.
You will manage the execution of activities related to financial statement tax accounting, income tax compliance and audit defense.
The Senior Tax Manager works closely with the Senior Manager, Accounting, International Commercial Finance leads, Finance site leader for our production site in Louvain-La-Neuve (LLN), our Finance Shared Service Center (ZFS), Corporate Tax and other key stakeholders (internal and external auditor or advisors) to support the direct tax related activities for Zoetis Belgium SA including it’s Irish branch and the Zoetis Treasury Center BVBA. This includes Statutory Tax requirements as well as US GAAP requirements.
- Calculate the Income tax provision;
- Calculate the disallowed expenses and review proper expense classifications;
- Calculate and submit withholding tax (in Belgian tax authorities portal) 15 days after the payment/attribution (royalties, interest, …);
- Monitor and analyze tax legislative, regulatory and business changes to determine income tax accounting and reporting implications.
- Perform P&L segmentation to allow profit allocation to our principal company located in Dublin, Ireland;
- Calculate the deferred tax assets and liabilities by identifying and tracking all temporary differences;
- Tax balance sheet accounts reconciliation in Cadency;
- Reconciliation between Accounting and Tax balances in case of differences (deferred taxes);
- Prepare and submit tax reporting for US GAAP (in OneSource);
- Prepare and submit UTP (Uncertain Tax Position) (in Tax contingency portal);
- Calculate advance tax payments and ensure timely payment;
- Identify catch-all provisions for services received from countries who grant taxation power to Belgium or have no DTT with Belgium and report those provisions at corporate level as per FIN48 (in Tax contingency portal).
- Prepare annual tax return and related annexes for external advisor review and filing;
- Perform a walkthrough between US GAAP to Belgian GAAP and related tax adjustments (RTP) on an annual basis;
- Identify and report payments made (> 100 kEUR) to tax heavens (to Belgian tax authorities);
- Provide input to corporate tax on dividend distribution (max amount to be distributed complying with our fiscal law) and calculate and pay related fairness tax (5,15%);
- Support fiscal and transfer pricing audits – if any.
- Fill in the structural survey requested by National Belgian Bank on their website;
- Complete the statistical survey requested by the Economy Ministry on their website;
- Support ad-hoc projects;
- Support inter-company transfer pricing strategy under the centralized supply chain structure in coordination with Corporate Tax, plus gather and review supporting documentation;
- Identify any incentive that Zoetis Belgium may claim and present to corporate tax team;
- Develop internal tax reporting policies, procedures, internal controls and overall governance for the tax function in coordination with Corporate TaxN;
- Network & collaboration: Build and nurture a solid collaborative relationship with the Zoetis entities.
- University degree preferably in accounting and tax.
- +5-10 yrs relevant experience in a similar role.
- Fluent in English and French.
Other Specific know-how
- In-depth knowledge and experience with excel and (power)pivot, knowledge and experience of SAP (FI mainly).
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, and communicating income tax issues and related implications;
- Experience with ASC 740, Income Taxes, US GAAP Income Tax reporting standards and BE GAAP Income Tax reporting standards;
- Experience with principal structure;
- Highly developed management and leadership skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; ability to identify and resolve problems;
- Experience maintaining tax accounting software, ONESOURCE Tax Provision and ONESOURCE Global Access Manager experience a plus;
- Establishment of effective procedures and process improvements;
- At ease in a high-paced, dynamic and changing environment;
- Able to prioritize, cope with tight deadlines, work independently.