Jr. Data Architect
The jr. Data Architect is responsible for the collection, pre-processing, annotation, and organization of all the relevant data produced during design and optimization of assays, during R&D projects and during (external) studies.
Your responsibilities include
- Developing data management processes, procedures and forms in accordance with existing procedures and relevant quality standards;
- Data handling coordination and control of data collection, data cleaning and data reporting activities;
- Creating and executing data quality checks;
- Developing strategies and procedures to ensure data integrity over time and over departments;
- Enabling automation of data management related processes (quality control, backup, data structuring etc.);
- Identifying and communicating lessons learned and best practices to data providers and data users;
- Identifying and participating in process, system, and tool improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor or Master degree in data sciences, natural sciences, informatics, bio-engineering or equivalent degree and 0-2 years of experience;
- General computer literacy is required; focus is on automation of data management processes;
- Proficient verbal and written skills in English;
- Experience with next-generation sequencing data or genetic/genomics data in general is required;
- Experience using databases (e.g. mysql), and/or scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, …), and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or a lab information management system (LIMS) is considered an asset;
- Good organizational & administrative skills, rigorous, attached to details, excellent analytical skills, solution based thinking, adaptive and flexible;
- Team spirit: motivate others, positive attitude, drive and commitment;
- Good communications skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaison between departments.