Business Analyst Consultant
- The job holder is responsible for analyzing, defining and prioritizing the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for highly complex strategic, global programs;
- S/He leads definition of program scope and objectives for a key functional area across all business, operations, and technology stakeholders by thoroughly understanding business processes in a specific business domain;
- S/He has experience and business domain knowledge in the sophisticated, global capital markets industry; including securities processing, custody, alternative investments (hedge funds/derivatives), clearance, accounting, cash processing, reporting and/or brokerage areas;
- S/He can perform these functions for large-scale mission-critical projects with minimal guidance. S/He works across multiple global internal and often external business and technology groups on strategic programs, and is involved from initial strategy/planning and scope definition through to process design, requirements development, testing, training and implementing of the solution;
- S/He demonstrates a good understanding of end-to-end operation flows across multiple system applications and experience with Software Development Life Cycle processes and methodologies.
- Using standard processes and templates, job holder elicits, challenges and prioritizes requirements, translates into functional design and use case documents and develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a given large, strategic, multi-year project. Coordinates the participation of subject matter experts spanning multiple departments and locations across business and technology. Manages issue and risks for their assigned business analysis area(s) on a large-scale project;
- Participates and provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, user documentation and implementation/conversion strategy. Provides guidance and often directly manages the Business Systems Analysts and Testing Specialist I and II in these areas. Tracks scope and change throughout the remainder of the initiative utilizing formal requirements management principles including change control and requirements traceability;
- Gathers and analyzes information to assist in development of recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise;
- Performs large-scale process design on behalf of internal business groups by analyzing business process flows and identifying changes through process modeling and reengineering techniques;
- Applies experiences with existing software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and develop better processes to be used in the future. Actively influences software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives.
- Minimum 6-10 years experience required;
- Must hold a BS degree in a business or technical-related field, and a Masters degree is preferred;
- Job holder must have experience with best-in-class methods, tools and techniques for elicitation and documentation of internal and external client needs and associated requirements. This includes use case modeling, business process modeling, and formal requirements traceability techniques using tools such as RequisitePro;
- S/He must be able to analyze client requirements, monitor project progress, manage issues and risks, identify potential roadblocks and keep projects on track;
- S/He must also have prior experience producing detail-level functional or operational requirement documentation and conducting inspections of required documents and quality reviews;
- S/He must have experience in formal requirements elicitation techniques, such as workshop facilitation with senior stakeholders. As well, the job holder must leverage his/her industry domain experience to assist in challenging and prioritizing the business and client requirements. In addition to the functions above, this individual is considered an expert in testing with formal experience in functional and UAT test planning, test case development and execution and provides oversight to the testing team and developers.
For more details and to apply for this job click here