Senior Associate, Management Company Solutions
Duff & Phelps
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our fast-growing, dynamic and entrepreneurial 3rd party Management Company based in Luxembourg, with a special intention to reinforce our fund registration and distribution activities. The ideal candidate will have the responsibility of setting up our fund registration service, while supporting the operational oversight and client onboarding activities. This role would suit an agile and dynamic individual with strong analytical skills and ability to work independently.
Join our team and together we'll power the sound decisions that enhance value - yours and ours.
- Have a successful first experience in the fund industry, with a general understanding on investment funds operations, including cross-border fund distribution;
- Ideally, you acquired your expertise either in the asset servicing industry, a management company or in a consulting/audit firm through the delivery of targeted assignments;
- Your immediate responsibility will be to setup and manage a fund registration service for our clients. Over time, you will gradually develop this service and turn it into a revenue generating activity for the company. You should ultimately aim at taking an active role and contribution in the fund distribution strategy of our clients;
- In parallel, you should contribute in the oversight of delegated operational functions, through due diligence activities, specifically designed KPI’s and operational reports;
- Being able to assist in client onboarding projects, set-up of new funds, changes to fund structures, and implementation of operational solutions while providing high quality client services through quick responsiveness;
- Contribute to the provision of in-depth reports to quarterly fund boards, notably key performance indicators on transfer agency, fund administration and custody operations;
- Contribute to strengthening the company’s procedures to guarantee regulatory compliance and improve operational effectiveness;
- Gradually develop additional expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Legal, contractual and governance requirements;
- Investment Management oversight;
- Risk Management;
- Valuation of illiquid/complex instruments.
- Contribute to formalizing a proactive strategy to identify new markets, opportunities, and prospects;
- Deploy on the ground the business development strategy, through ongoing client relationships or via industry networks (e.g. working groups);
- Leverage the group’s network (both internal and external) and optimize the use of internal monitoring systems to foster up-selling and cross-selling
- University degree in finance or economics or relevant business experience;
- First successful experience in asset management and investment funds, either as an asset servicing officer, a ManCo officer or a BIG 4 consultant/auditor;
- Between 2 and 5 years of hands-on experience;
- Genuine interest in developing regulatory expertise, with a specific focus on UCITS and AIFMD frameworks;
- Good command of Excel, Word and excellent PowerPoint;
- Solution-driven and results-oriented , problem solving attitude, constructive mindset;
- Ability to manage multiple projects on various time scales, strong follow-up and client servicing qualities;
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn;
- Fluency in English + French and/or German;
- Experience in the advisory/consulting business and/or in a Management Company is considered a significant asset;
- Dedicated experience and previous exposure to alternative investment strategies, namely Private Equity, Real Estate, Loans Origination/Restructuring, and Hedge Funds.